Thursday 10 February 2011

Post 8-Uncle's thankyou card

Hello everyone,
Here is the card i made for my loving uncle who gave us a surround sound system. it was very nice of them to do this and we weren't expecting it at all. a true shock. My partner Steve is loving it and we are both just so greatful i wanted to make a card i know they will like. So we both thought going a little old school would be perfect.



I used silver mirror card for the base and cut it to make the card a 6 1/2" by 4 1/2"  a unusual size but worked really well. i used a mat layer of white and a matching piece of patterned paper. I stitched in silver all around the white backing mat. I cut the radio out at 3 3/4" using the rock princess cart. I then had to "pimp it up" with a little bit of bling lol (gem stones) Awesome card i know they will love it.

Catch you later
 x Katy x

3 comments:

Janet said...

cool card :o) reminds me of 80's movies heehee
That was very generous of your uncle.

Imogene said...

Love it!!!looks so real!!!

Imogene Walker
Follow me ,,,
sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is fan-freakin'-tastic! It looks like the real deal :)