Thursday, 10 February 2011

Post 8-Uncle's thankyou card

Hello everyone,
Here is the card i made for my loving uncle who gave us a surround sound system. it was very nice of them to do this and we weren't expecting it at all. a true shock. My partner Steve is loving it and we are both just so greatful i wanted to make a card i know they will like. So we both thought going a little old school would be perfect.



I used silver mirror card for the base and cut it to make the card a 6 1/2" by 4 1/2"  a unusual size but worked really well. i used a mat layer of white and a matching piece of patterned paper. I stitched in silver all around the white backing mat. I cut the radio out at 3 3/4" using the rock princess cart. I then had to "pimp it up" with a little bit of bling lol (gem stones) Awesome card i know they will love it.

Catch you later
 x Katy x

3 comments:

Janet said...

cool card :o) reminds me of 80's movies heehee
That was very generous of your uncle.

Imogene said...

Love it!!!looks so real!!!

Imogene Walker
Follow me ,,,
sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

Staying Crafty said...

This is fan-freakin'-tastic! It looks like the real deal :)